DoD Enterprise Initiative (DSOP)
WHAT IS THE DSOP?
The DSOP is joint effort of the DOD’s Chief Information Officer, Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment. The services focus on bringing automated software tools, services and standards to DOD programs so that warfighters can create, deploy, and operate software applications in a secure, flexible, and interoperable manner.
WHAT IS DEVSECOPS?
The software automated tools, services, and standards that enable programs to develop, secure, deploy, and operate applications in a secure, flexible and interoperable fashion.
Software and cybersecurity permeate all aspects of the Department of Defense’s (DoD) mission, encompassing business systems, weapons systems, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, and space operations. To meet the challenges posed by this dynamic environment, establishing DevSecOps capabilities becomes imperative
- Deliver applications rapidly and in a secure manner, increasing the warfighters competitive advantage
- Bake-in and enforce cybersecurity functions and policy from inception through operations
- Enhance enterprise visibility of development activities and reduce accreditation timelines
- Ensure seamless application portability across enterprise, Cloud and disconnected, intermittent and classified environments
- Drive DoD transformation to Agile and Lean Software Development and Delivery
Leveraging industry acquisition best practices combined with a centralized contract vehicle for DevSecOps tools and services will enable rapid prototyping, real-time deployments. and scalability.
We cannot be left behind: China, Russia and North Korea are already implementing DevOps